Internship with the Atlantic Community in Berlin
Atlantic-community.org is seeking interns for its editorial team.
Atlantic-community.org is a start-up think tank and the first online platform for transatlantic debate on key issues of international politics and globalization. It links expert knowledge to Web 2.0 technology, giving readers the opportunity to directly discuss and comment on opinion articles while creating networks with other users. Atlantic-community.org is a project of the Atlantische Initiative e.V., a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization based in Berlin.
What we offer:
- A workplace 200m from the Brandenburg Gate
- Experience of all aspects of production at a new online publication: research, writing, editing, outreach to readers…
- Publication under your name on a website frequented by an international audience of think tankers, journalists, professors, junior and senior researchers, and government staff
- A flexible working environment with flat hierarchies and a young, highly motivated team
- 300,- Euro per month, with a minimum internship duration of three months.
- Screen Internet and print media for nascent trends in international relations
- Research and write feature articles for atlantic-community.org (under your own name)
- Translation and editing
- Support outreach, marketing, and networking for atlantic-community.org
- Support event management of the Atlantische Initiative e.V. (if needed)
What we ask:
- Applicants should have knowledge of International Relations, relevant publications and think tanks, as well as an interest in transatlantic relations
- Successful candidates will have excellent English writing skills
- Editorial experience at an English-speaking publication would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word is essential. Translation experience is a plus as well as basic skills in Excel and various graphic programs
With further questions call Jörg Wolf, editor-in-chief: 030/206 337 88 or send a cover letter with CV and writing sample to email@example.com.